Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Wiz at City Center



I'm a HUGE fan of The Wiz, both the stage version which starred Stephanie Mills and Andre DeShields and the film version which starred Diana Ross and Michael Jackson when he was Black. HOWEVER, I'm not too sure of New York City Center's forthcoming production starring Ashanti as Dorothy...I just don't know...

I so want to see this 2009 rendition but I don't want to shell out the coins and be disappointed. It would be splendiferous to see Tony Award winner LaChanze in ANY ROLE, but the rest of them...I just don't know. I hope they don't butcher my beloved Wiz.


Also starring are:
Tichina Arnold as Evilene (She's gonna kill it on "Don't Nobody Bring Me No Bad News!")
Orlando Jones as the Wiz (Umm, OK)
Lachanze as Glinda the Good Witch (Sure to be excellent)
Dawnn Lewis as Addaperle (Where has she been?)

No comments:

My Quibblo Quiz Result for: LOST Trivia


LOST Trivia
100%
(10 out of 10 Questions Correct)
Fun quizzes, surveys & blog quizzes by Quibblo