Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Learn Spanish in 30 Days


¿Que pasa?
This summer I went to Barnes and Noble to get a book that the administrative staff is reading and I came across a book/CD entitled Spanish in 30 Days. It was only $7.00 so I got it and started with the first lesson. There are 30 lessons...you're supposed to do a lesson a day. Well, that didn't go so well because here I am on lesson #2 and it's been 2 months.
I figured I'd get a refresher course. I did pretty well in Spanish in high school. I took Spanish 1-6 and scored a 92 on the Regent's exam. Ms. McNeese doesn't believe that but it's true. So Mr. Vasquez (Carlos) and I are speaking only Spanish to each other from now on. I figure cultural immersion via dialogue is a good strategy as well. I also get into this from time to time with Señora Concepcion, but she speaks very fast.

On to other events going on at 68:

Thank you, UPED teachers, for getting your bulletin boards up on time and for doing such a great job on them.

Progress reports are being distributed on Friday, October 3, 2008.

I trust that all UPED teachers are composing their PAP's using the mother file.

The 270's team is planning a parent workshop series designed to help parents help their students with homework and projects. Can't wait to see how that goes.

The 280's team and I spoke about BIP's, PAP's and progress reports at Monday's meeting.

There are 6 outstanding SMART goal forms...you know who you are...I need those by Friday.

To the teachers who made revisions in a timely manner, thanks very much.

Ms. Moore and Ms. Cambry have started to create their learning centers.

Mr. Firester and I are doing a mathematics department walkthrough on October 15, periods 2 and 3. Please be on point.

I'm planning a classroom environment workshop for November 4th. A hands-on, informative good time will be had by all.

Random thoughts:

Have you tried the turkey/bacon/cheddar flatbread sandwich from Dunkin Donuts? I give it a level 4.

I hope Ms. Lombardi is enjoying the CD's. We keep each other musically educated all the time.

Shout out to Reinaldo of 272 who started reading the Harry Potter series.

Also, check out Ashely of 275's great artwork on Ms. Kaminsky's external bulletin board.
Tonight I'm going to see Miracle at St. Ana with a couple of friends.

http://miracleatstanna.movies.go.com/

Happy Rosh Hashanah!



No comments:

My Quibblo Quiz Result for: LOST Trivia


LOST Trivia
100%
(10 out of 10 Questions Correct)
Fun quizzes, surveys & blog quizzes by Quibblo